Sunday, January 19, 2014

Be diligent, yet not obsessive!

BRONCOS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!! What a great Sunday and a great weekend. I have not posted any blogs because well...I have been going non stop!

 Friday night I got a chance to zone out on the couch and watch some TV after my run and my push-up challenge. So my goal (to measure in a different way besides weight) was to achieve 30 push-ups on my toes in a minute. Well, I did that. I actually did 41 push-ups in 1 minute!!

Saturday: 
Started by waking up at 6 am and had a workout at Iris' at 7 am (see workout tab). Afterwards I went to Sprouts, Sam's and King Soopers to get groceries. Barely got them all put away when Steven called for me to go get him from his parent's house (30 mins away). When I got there he still had a little work to do so I hung out with his mom. We went to Whole Foods to get lunch but then changed our minds once we got there. We did, however, get some delicious (and healthy!) ice cream. 
A little pricey but worth it if you have an ice cream craving. 99% of the ingredients I was familiar with which is also something that goes along with choosing healthy foods. We decided to go to Mad Greens for lunch and by the time we finally got home, it was almost 4 pm. I put dinner in the crock pot (southwestern burrito bake), prepped 2 meals for the week (low carb white cheese lasagna and chicken spinach enchiladas), breakfast (quinoa egg bake), and brownies (black bean brownies...I loved them but I think I may be the only one). I jumped in the shower and off we went to Black Hawk. I LOVE BLACK HAWK. Steven won $434 on one machine. I also won pretty good so it was a success. 

Sunday: 
Slept in until 9:30, made baked mozarella cheese sticks for the game, worked out (see workout tab), and showered. We headed up to Ft. Collins to see Tiana, Alex and the babies. I tried making zucchini "chips" but they were too soggy and so I threw them away. We spent all day with the kids and then headed back...and here I am! 

I did not record all my food this weekend so my food log will be off a little but I did pay attention to what I was putting into my body. If you are at a party or go out to eat it can be difficult to eat healthy (or record) but you have to do the best you can if you are working towards a goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment